HIALEAH, Fla.—Today, Governor Rick Scott visited the Jose F. Caragol Jr. Emergency Operations Center where he was joined by state and local emergency management officials to mark the beginning of the 2015 Atlantic hurricane season. The season, which extends from June 1 through November 30, represents the period when hurricanes are most likely to form in the Atlantic Ocean. Last year, Governor Scott's budget included $750,000 for the new emergency operations center, which will help the surrounding area be better prepared for disasters.
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- Dr. Elena Perez Appointed To The Florida Genetics And Newborn Screening Advisory Council
- El Departamento De Salud Les Pide A Los Residentes De La Florida Que Se Protejan Contra El Virus Del Nilo Occidental
- Florida Department Of Health Provides Online Resources Regarding Hansen’s Disease Or Leprosy
- Floridians Urged To Protect Themselves Against West Nile Virus
- New Director of the Office of Compassionate Use Announced
- Letter from Florida Surgeon General on Liquid Nicotine
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals