Leading the Way to a Healthier Holmes
The Florida Department of Health in Holmes County (DOH-Holmes), located in the heart of the Panhandle, provides public health and medical services to the residents and visitors of Holmes County. The Holmes County Health Department began providing services from the original building located on Iowa Street in the early 1940’s. Our current location at 603 Scenic Circle was built in 1982. Today, the health department has more than 50 employees in Holmes County working to serve your needs in areas that range from controlling infectious diseases to safe drinking water to disaster preparedness. DOH-Holmes works closely with the County Commissioners, the Emergency Response Division and other local and federal agencies to protect the health and welfare of Holmes County residents and visitors.
Together across our counties and communities, the Florida Department of Health is working to shape Florida to be the healthiest state in the nation. We thank you for your continued support and look forward to working together to keep Holmes County, Florida, a healthy place to live, work and play.
For more information about the Florida Department of Health: http://www.floridahealth.gov/about-the-department-of-health/about-us/index.html.
Our Mission: To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
Our Vision: To be the Healthiest County in the Healthiest State in the Nation
Our Values (I CARE):
- I nnovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
- C ollaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals an solve problems.
- A ccountability: We perform with integrity and respect.
- R esponsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers and engaging our partners.
- E xcellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning and continuous performance improvement.